Monday, October 21, 2013

A little story...

  I was at a place with my friend, around 2 weeks ago, and I was handing out million dollar bills, (http://www.livingwaters.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=141&category_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=199&lang=en
and I handed one to this young girl. She sort of laughed, and folded it up. 
  "Make sure you read that." I said.
  "No need too." 
  "Why not?"
  "Well, I know where I'm going!" 
  "Where?"
  "Heaven or purgatory."
  "There is no such thing as purgatory, but why would you go to heaven?"
  "Because I'm a good person."
  "So you're catholic?"
  "Correct."
  "Alright, well, I have a test I can give you, it'll only take about 2 minutes without any interruptions."
  "Alright."
  "Have you ever told a lie?"  
  "Yes."
  "Have you ever stolen anything? irrelevant of its value."
  "No."
  "Have you ever taken God's name in vain?" 
  "I don't think so."
  "Jesus said, If a woman looks upon a man to lust after them, has committed adultery already  within their heart. Have you ever done that?"
  "Gee, I am just ___ (It was rather old... I know people younger than that who have admitted to that) I have never done that, give me a break."
  "Okay, now for two more, have you ever wished for something that wasn't yours?"
  "No. Not ever."
  "Okay, now have you ever dishonored your parents?"
  "Well yes."
  "Okay, well, according to God, he has the highest standard of the word 'good' is moral perfection. So according to God, you are a liar, and dishonored your parents." My friend said.
  "Exactly, now Jesus said, "No sin can ever enter Heaven."
  "Then I'd go to purgatory."  
  "There is no such thing as purgatory."
  "Why do you say that?"
  "I'm going to use an analogy. Lets pretend about ten steps away, there is a huge fire. That would resemble hell. Okay? I start walking towards it.  Well you say, 'hey watch out, theres that fire right there... don't you see it?"  
  And I reply, "I don't believe that that fire exists." Well, does that change the fact that it does exist?"
  "No." 
  "Okay."
  "Do you care if I give you an analogy?"
  "No, shoot for it."
  "Okay." She started, but then a weird look came across her face, and she said, "no, you just go ahead." 
  "Okay, now we would all go to hell.. but Jesus died on the cross to save us. Now we can go to heaven... under two circumstances."
  "What are those?"
  "That you repent-"
  "I do that every Sunday at the cathedral."
  "Okay, I wasn't finished, and trust Jesus as your personal Savior."
  "I do that too."
  "Getting saved is a one time decision, it can't be repeated."
  "Well-" she turned, and saw her dad coming. "Dad, come here."
  "What?"  
  "These girls say that purgatory isn't real... it is right?" She had some serious questioning in her tone of voice.
  "Of course it is real." 
  "And also that our commandments are different." (I forgot to include that part.)
  "Yes they are different. They are the right ones. What do you girls believe?" 
  "We believe in heaven and hell, if you sin you go to hell, and if you get saved you go to Heaven."
  "Well,  purgatory is real."
  "Do you have any evidence?"
  "Well...." he got a really confused look over his face. He said something, and asked something about the years of the bible. 
  I got kind of confused, he kept claiming that our Bible, the Old Testament, was written before Jesus was born. But our Bible couldn't  possibly be right because it was written before Jesus was born.
  "Correct... the OT didn't even mention Jesus, what are you talking about?" 
  "Well, all I know is that you're messed up, and purgatory is real."
  "What evidence do you have?"
  "Well." (He kept raising his voice) "as Jesus said, peace be with you." (he shook my hand, yelling that, and then stomped off!) it was actually quite humorous!



Thats it! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to state what you think. Before you comment, I will say:
1: All comments will be moderated.
2: There must be a respectful spelling of God's name, (with a capitol G)
3: There will be no cussing.

Please understand this before you comment. Thanks, and have a great day!