Monday, June 10, 2013

First REAL post!

  I discovered my burden for souls, in November or December I believe! And you probably won't believe what encouraged me! Take a guess! 
I was with my grandpa and 3 of my 6 siblings. It was Sunday night after church, and we went into Calver's for a quick bite to eat before our 3-4 minute drive home. I had left the stack of tracts I had grabbed for no particular reason from church, in the car. 
My younger sister named Ellie had brought ONE in! She left it on the table, and then my grandpa grabbed it, and brought it up front with him. 
I asked what was in his hand, and he replied with, "Something Ellie left on the table." 
I asked if I could see it, so he gave it to me. Ellie caught my eye, and said, "Olivia, that is my tract I left on the table." 
I replied with, "I'm gonna hand it to the lady." 
Ellie pouted and walked away, I mustered up my courage (I was really shy...now I am an extrovert!) and walked up to the lady, and said, "This is for you."
"Oh, thanks." She glanced at it, and raised her head, "Where do y'all go to church?"
My grandpa said out church name, and invited her to come. Gods hand was CERTAINLY upon that reaction! Because I am POSITIVE that if she would have laughed and refused that tract, I would have given up. 
Passing out tracts is a terrifying thing for me to do! To walk up to a total stranger, smile, say you have something for them, give it to them and walk off, would NOT be my option- but I have to do it! 
In Mark 16:15 it says a common verse that is not always followed by the modern-day church: "Go ye unto all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." 
Now to all who are reading... That means ladies too. That does not mean we have to go witness to the cat, it means we must go unto EVERY SINGLE PART of the world and preach! Witness! 
Its a terrifying thought... I don't like initiating in conversations that I ave to tell people they are damned forever in hell! I don't like telling 15 year old kids that they are lying, thieving, murdering, blasphemous adulterers at heart! I take no pleasure in that. But I do love them enough to tell them that, I do love them enough to tell them that they are damned forever unless they genuinely repent and trust God. 
If I had my way, I would keep silent. But I don't want to be like the modern day Christian, who is sitting back on the beach chair, enjoying a coke, and thinking how wonderful the Christian life is and how thankful they would be to God if they got a Jaguir! 
When Jesus said, "Do as I do," He was saying, "ACT LIKE ME!" Which means, Witness, street preach, act like Him.
The thought of people dying and going to hell should TERRIFY a genuine Believer, it should make them get the chills.
My life verse is Luke 15:10, "Likewise I say unto you there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth!"  Yes. Witnessing and passing out tracts can be discouraging, when they laugh at us it can be discouraging, when they mock and scorn us it can be discouraging, when they say 'beat it kid! I don't want that junk of yours' it can get discouraging! But be thankful they are not killing us on the cross. 
Besides, doesn't God say that He will not put more than we can bear on us? 
Why aren't we seeking to save the lost? Are we afraid of what people are going to think of us? Are we afraid we are going to answer a question we will be incapable of answering?  
Here's a few questions/objections:  

"Well, who created God?" 

"If God is loving, why were there slaves?" 

"Why are you judging me?" 

"The Bible says God is loving, you are making it sound like He is judgmental, why are you doing that? 

"The Bible says God is all loving, where was He in the holocaust?" 

"Why are you forcing your religion on me?" 

"Do you really think that God is gonna care if a stupid person like me goes to hell?" 

"If God loving, why is there pain a suffering in the world?" 


Now that wasn't a 'few' but here are the answers: 


"No beginning, no end, God is eternal and He dwells out of time!" or an easier answer: "You see that building, how do you know there was a builder? (let them answer) You see that painting, how do you know there was a painter? (Let them answer) you see creation, and creation cannot create itself, thats how you know God is all powerful, because you can't make a cow out of nothing, or a bird out of nothing, only God can!" 

"It was not God's will for slaves, God is caring, He sent Moses, and Moses freed them."      

"I'm not judging you! You admitted it!" 

"God is loving! But He is also just! He will have a judgement day! So I am warning you about that before it is to late!" 

"I'm not forcing my religion on you, if you are getting upset and you want to quit talking, we can!" 

"Yes God is going to care! God doesn't delight in the death of the wicked, and He cares about every single person on the planet, that is why He sent His only son Jesus to die in your place. God came not unto the world to condemn the world, but the world through Him might be saved!" 

"When God created the world,  the world was without sin, and when God created Adam and Eve, when Eve ate of the forbidden fruit, then Adam sinned also, and man brought sickness, and disease upon Himself." 

   Has anyone on here reading this, ever heard of Ray Comfort? Here is his website: LivingWaters.com 
This guy has inspired me SO MUCH! I look up and respect him deeply!  He has CHANGED MY LIFE! 
  I have been reading one of his books, called "the way of the master' and he has a firefighter analogy. 

A firefighter was called to rescue someone, there was a family of five stuck in a burning building. 
The firefighter remained still in the truck with his earbuds in his ears. The flames licked up the mothers feet and she fell to the floor covering a five month old infant. 
The desperate father was holding two little children, when he collapsed into the flames as well and passed into eternity. 
There was another firefighter who had crawled into this burning building to try to save them, but had died in the process. There were 6 people into eternity, in a second. 
The firefighter had seen this whole scene, and the spectators with horrified. The fire chief came, and dishonorably discharged the undutiful man. 


Now let me apply this scenario. We are Christians, we are watching people die, and they are going to hell. i am telling you friends, do we want to be like the passive firefighter and sitting in the fire truck and sitting there watching people sink to hell, FOREVER, or are we going to be the other firefighter who is trying his hardest to win the lost? 
I want to be that second firefighter, even if I have to die in the process. If Jesus died for me, I can die for Him. 


Please think about this folks! This is not a passive subject and we need to care about souls who are going to spend FOREVER in hell! 


-Olivia 


Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's for taking the time to state what you think. Before you comment, I will say:
1: All comments will be moderated.
2: There must be a respectful spelling of God's name, (with a capitol G)
3: There will be no cussing.

Please understand this before you comment. Thanks, and have a great day!